If you want to improve your website’s search engine optimisation, then you need to pay close attention to improving your on-page SEO.
This is the process of optimising individual web pages, blog posts and articles in order to rank higher and earn more relevant organic traffic in search engines.
We only recommend using white hat methods, so here’s some of the ways you could improve your onsite seo:
– Publish quality content marketing, that follows E-A-T
– Use internal backlinks
– Anchor text
– Evergreen content marketing
– Make sure your website works on mobile
– Add meta titles and descriptions
– And much more
We’ll cover everything from choosing the right keywords to adding schema.
So, let’s get started!
What is on-page SEO?
On-Page SEO (also known as “on-site” or “on-page” optimisation) is the process of optimising individual web pages, blog posts, and articles in order to improve their search engine ranking.
There are many different factors that contribute to on-page SEO, but the most important ones are:
– Keywords: Choosing the right keywords and using them effectively in your content marketing, the written work must always be white hat, follow eat, and offer useful advice to your customers.
– Content marketing: your digital marketing agency should create high-quality written work
So, what is off-page SEO then?
Off-Page SEO (also known as “off-site” or “link building”).
This includes things like building quality links, citations, social media signals, and brand mentions.
There are many different factors that contribute to Off-Page SEO, but the most important ones are:
– Backlinks: it’s important to build high-quality backlinks, these should be built in a white hat way.
– Social Media: Getting social media signals (shares, likes, etc.) from say Facebook
– Brand Mentions: Mentioning your brand name on popular websites and blogs
Choosing the right keywords is essential for on-page SEO.
When choosing keywords, make sure to focus on:
– Relevancy: The keywords you choose should be relevant to your business
– Searcher Intent: The keywords you choose should match the intent of the shopper (e.g., if someone is searching for “what’s the best electric car in the UK,” they’re probably not ready to buy just yet)
Improve your content marketing, so now it’s time to start creating content, what your writing about will dictate what the word count should be, but we would always recommend writing over 600 words.
When creating content, make sure to focus on:
– Quality: Your content should be well-written and informative
– Length: Your content should be long enough to cover the topic thoroughly, but not too long that it becomes boring to read
– Formatting: Your content marketing should be easy to read and understand, so use short paragraphs, subheadings, and bulleted lists
The design of your website is also important for on-page SEO. When designing your website, make sure to focus on:
Your website should be designed so it works on mobile devices, such as a smartphone or tablets.
Your website should load quickly so visitors don’t get impatient and leave
Your website should be easy to use
There are a number of things you can do to improve your technical seo, such as
– XML Sitemaps: You should submit an XML sitemap to search engines so they can index your website more easily
You should create a robots.txt file
By following these on-page seo tips, you can start to improve your organic seo, that’s if you implement white hat seo.